What I like about Ryan
January 17, 2010
- First, you know… what’s not to like. I remember when I was watching the exhibition after the 2007 Nationals when he got silver. I happened to be at home in Gulf Breeze when my sister and her friend came in. I was gushing about how he had come from behind. There he was and they were as won over as me.
- He skated to Baroque chamber music and wore a period costume complete with puffy shirt… and it was funny.
- He’s the king of the quad, landing two to beat both Lysacek and Weir in the Free Skate.
- His crazy hair.
- He is such a performer. It’s always a piece of theater… no one can win a crowd like Ryan… except maybe Philippe Candeloro.
- He’s 3 time collegiate champion. The rest of them don’t bother with the school thing.
- He’s dangerous… only needed a few more points that he lost in the short program to get on the Olympic team. After the excellent Free… I was so torn about cheering for Johnny Weir. Can’t we have four spots?
- All that’s next… alternate on the Olympic team, exhibitions, pro shows, tours. Can’t wait.