Erin’s ode to NPH’s ode to the 2009 Tonys
June 8, 2009
I Tivoed the Tonys and watched them live at a house party with a bunch of my community theatre friends. This was definitely the right thing to do, I laughed so much. And I got to completely geek out on my useless theatre trivia. Who else would appreciate it?
- Is that Bret Micheals on the Tony Awards? Then him getting taken out by the flys.
- The best supporting actor in a play bringing his wife on stage with him and her almost falling out of her dress.
- Frank Langella is seriously bitter.
- Alice Ripley’s dramatic reading of the Kennedy Center sign.
- The Billy Elliot performance that was about the only time when the room got quiet.
- Counting the number of crew that got caught in a shot, and the number of people who will be loosing there jobs due to the horrendous sound issues.
- Picking your favorite Frankie Vallie.
- The three Billy’s acceptance speech. So cute.
- The guy standing behind the producer accepting for Hair, who’s every thought came flying across his face.
- And finally… best moment of the show had to be Neil’s 11:03 number. Brilliant.